HIMEX CORPORATION gained recognition in the medical industry as an importer and distributor of medical equipments, spreading its wings to secure commissioning contracts for major Japan grant-aid (JICA) projects for the Philippines and other countries. Building its reputation in the industry through engineering services commissioned by JICA such as the Philippine General Hospital (PGH), Philippine Children’s Medical Center (PCMC), Philippine Heart Center (PHC), Benguet General Hospital (BGH) and the Department of Health (DOH).
In conjunction with reliable service and technical support, HIMEX has fostered long-term relationships with its customers throughout the Philippines. Built on the principles of strong partnership and support from our principal, Hitachi, the company focuses on supplying its customers with quality and innovative imaging equipments as Hitachi's long-time Philippines distributor of MRI, CT-scan, X-Ray, and Ultrasound systems.
In the field of MRI systems, HIMEX supplied and installed the first MRI systems in several regions including Cagayan Valley, Iloilo, Capiz, as well as the first Superconductive MRI systems at Northern Mindanao, Davao City, and Sothern Luzon. In the ultrasound segment, HIMEX introduced the Hitachi EUB-405, which revolutionalised compact and mobile ultrasound systems, proving very popular with end-users due to its high-performance and durability. The company also introduced to the market the first commercially available ultrasound platform with Real-time Elastography, paving the way for it to become a preferred method of breast cancer diagnosis.
Early years of HIMEX Corporation
1990 - Establishment and incorporation of HIMEX Corporation (January 1, 1990)
- First CT-Scan installation is made in University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center (UERM)
- 12 Ultrasound installations were completed throughout the Philippines
1991 - Installation of the first Hitachi MRI machine in the Philippines at Makati Medical Enter
- HIMEX installed the first CT-Scan machine in a government hospital in the Philippines at Philippine Heart Center.
- Provided Filipino engineers for JICA Project in Ivory Coast
1993 - Installation of 2 CT-Scan machines in Dr. Paulino Garcia Memorial Research Center and Philippine Orthopedic Center
1995 - HIMEX engineers sent to work on Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center under JICA project
1998 - HIMEX engineers sent abroad for project in Mongolia under Hitachi Medical
2000 - HIMEX attained the highest growth achievement in ASEAN region for Hitachi Medical products
- HIMEX engineers sent to work on Benguet General Hospital under JICA project
2001 - HIMEX engineers sent to work on formerly Davao Medical Center, currently known as Southern Philippines Medical Center, under JICA project
2002 - HIMEX Corporation's installation of the first MRI in Davao at Davao Doctors Hospital
2003 - The first lease to own equipments comprised of CT-Scan, Ultrasound, X-Ray, and Radiography and Fluoroscopy machine installed in Lung Center of the Philippines
2007 - Led and conceptualized by Rema Padilla Ohno, HIMEX became the first company to pioneer the developmental project of rehabilitating a government hospital, Jose Reyes Medical Center
- HIMEX Corporation's installation of the first PACS system in a government hospital
2008 - Amang Rodriguez Memorial Hospital became the second government hospital to be rehabilitated from the developmental project of Himex Corporation
2010 - Delivered and installed the first and only MRI machine in Cagayan Valley at Dr. Ronald P. Guzman Medical Center
2012 - First installation of an MRI in a Local Government Unit Hospital under the development and rehabilitation project – Gabriella Silang General Hospital
2013 - First installation of Superconductive MRI machine in a private hospital in Cagayan de Oro, Polymedic Medical Plaza
- 128 Slice CT-Scan and ultrasound are installed in Polymedic Medical Plaza, Cagayan de Oro as first private hospital to enter into a private partnership with Himex Corporation.
2014 - Mrs. Rema Padilla Ohno assumes position as CEO and President of Himex Corporation.
- First installation of Hitachi 1.5T Superconductive MRI ECHELON and 128-slice CT-Scanner SCENARIA in the Philippines at Cagayan de Oro Polymedic Plaza Hospital
2015 - As of 2015, Himex Corporation has completed 31 MRI installations, 47 CT-Scan installations, 700 ultrasound installations, and 109 X-Ray installations throughout the Philippines.
- Under a private partnership, a super conductive MRI is installed in San Pedro Hospital of Davao City.
2016 - HIMEX Corporation's installation of the first 1.5T Superconductive MRI in Davao City at San Pedro Hospital through the provision of Hitachi Echelon 1.5T
- Awarded contract from DOH to supply, deliver and install ten (10) units of Hitachi 16-slice CT-Scanner SUPRIA
- HIMEX awarded “Top Sales Company award 2015” at Hitachi Global Partners’ Forum, Tokyo Japan
First Superconductive MRI system in Davao City at San Pedro Hospital
2018 - HIMEX Corporation received an order for 7 units of Hitachi 32-slice CT Scan SUPRIA. under the Philippine International Trading Corporation (PITC). Under this order HIMEX will deliver and install CT Scan units.